Wednesday 16 March 2016

Thought for the week:

Looking at Easter coming up, our thought for this week has come from this image below which simply reads...
'It wasn't the nails which held him there"?

Before Miss Lind finished this sentence for us, we had to come up with our wonderings about the image some which includes:

"I wonder what held Jesus up on the cross?"
"I wonder if he is sad?"
"I wonder what the nails felt like, if they are still there?"
"I wonder if He got splinters in His body from the rough wood?"
"I wonder how Jesus felt on the cross?"
"I wonder if Jesus was mad at God for making Him go through what he did?"
"I wonder why Jesus did it for me?"

Once we shared our wonderings Miss Lind finished the statement for us...

"It wasn't the nails which held Jesus to the cross, It was Love"


1 Corinthians 13:13 says: 'And now these three things remain,
faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE'

No comments:

Post a Comment