If we chose to accept this mission we painted our hands to have in our classroom as a constant reminder for the type of learning environment we want to create.
All the students wrote out the type of environment they would like to work in and from there we developed these 5 statements...
1. We show the 4R’s… Respect, Reverence, Resilience and Relationships
2. We show good behaviour, work hard, on task and are respectful in and out of the classroom
3. We know everybody has the right to learn, to be safe, to be treated fairly, to be heard and to be respected
4. We support each other, listen to each other and look out for one another. We treat others how we would like to be treated
5. In this learning community we do not judge and we treat others fairly, we are supportive, we are a team
All 29 of us accepted this mission and are constantly reminded of the type of decisions we need to make to insure we have a classroom where we achieve what we want to achieve